As anybody knows, traffic is the lifeblood of every online business.
Without traffic you will fail. Virtual tumbleweed will roll through the Ghost town of your website. You could have the best-looking site on the Internet but absolutely NO-ONE will see it if they don’t know WHERE you are.
If you desperately need traffic to your website then you need to be let in on a little secret. There is a secret weapon that is a powerful traffic attractor. It helps drive tons of FREE and TARGETED traffic direct to your website and services. Not only does it work, but it is easy to apply and gets swarms of hits to your site fast..
Your secret weapon and new best friend is YouTube.
You might be rolling your eyes right now thinking that YouTube is just a site full of piano playing cats and hysterical sobbing rants from unhinged teenagers pleading for us to leave Britney Spears alone but you would be wrong.
First of all, here are some facts about YouTube and then you will find out how you can capitalize on this amazing resource by putting on your own viral videos.
- Over 4 Billion Videos are viewed a day!
- Over 800 Million Unique Users visit YouTube each month!
- Over 3 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube!
Thousands of companies and businesses are using YouTube to drive traffic to their sites by creating viral videos about their products and services. Viral video is basically a video that becomes popular and is shared through social media sites (like Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus), email and video sharing sites like youtube.com.
They use do this because:
- It’s Free
- It’s an Effective source of Targeted Traffic
- It’s Evergreen
- It’s Easy (not writing!)
- It’s Fun
- You DON’T have to be in the video or even talk in it!
It’s no secret that Google loves video; it DOES own it after all. Do a search for almost anything that can be shown through a video and you’ll notice YouTube videos dominating the first page. What you might surprise you are these amazing behind-the-scene facts:
- According to industry watchdog, eMarketer, 52% of all web traffic is video.
- Another source, Comscore states that 38% of Google Universal Search results included video.
- More than 70% of all web visitors watch online video report the New York Times.
- The average YouTube visitor spends 27 minutes watching video per day
- The search engines visit video sites every few minutes-so your videos appear in Google, Yahoo and MSN just MINUTES after you submit, not days or weeks like written articles. Because video is so popular, video links and clips often show up before other content.
Using YouTube is very easy. All you need is a Google account. If you have a Gmail account, a Google+ account, a Google Adwords account or a Google Adsense account… then you already have a Google account to get on YouTube.
If not you haven’t got a Google account you will need to go to YouTube, click “Create an Account” and sign up. (URGENT TIP: Ask your website marketer to set up a Google Plus Local page immediately. See page x to find out why this is so important for your business),
Whoa – Don’t just Dive In
First, you need to know that there is a right way and a wrong way of creating your video on YouTube if you want it to go viral and get people to come and visit your site.
The wrong way is to create a video first and then hope for the best that people will come and watch it. Unfortunately, that is what most people do. So the video that they hoped would go viral, just sits there with an embarrassing 1 or 2, or even worse, NO viewers. The shame of it.
The right way is to find out what viewers are looking for FIRST and THEN create a video specific to what they are looking for.
So how do you go about finding what type of information people are looking for on YouTube?
Never, ever guess. You find out exactly what type of information people want by understanding who you are targeting and what they are looking for. This is how you do it:
- Go to www.YouTube.com
- Find the “Search” box at the very top of the page
- Start typing in something that you think is related to what you are selling or promoting on your website
- As you start typing you will see that YouTube gives you a list of results very similar to the way that Google does when you are searching on the search engine. The very top one that appears on the list is the most popular.
- Find the ones on the list that are relevant to your website and jot them down in a notepad to use as your titles and subjects in your videos
By investing this bit of time, you will be able to come up with a highly targeted informative video relating to your product and service that will work for months and even years to come as it goes viral on YouTube and the social networking sites.
Your video doesn’t need to be a Spielberg production or the new Avatar. You can simply add a basic PowerPoint presentation with great information that your potential clients would love.
Again, your website marketing expert will be able to help you with this if you don’t want to do it yourself and the investment will pay for itself for years to come.